Big News! Our Homestudy is complete! In a previous post, I explained a bit of what a homestudy includes, but I received the actual document today to review, and it is 19 single-spaced pages summarizing everything that we have discussed with our social worker during our meetings, all of the paperwork we have filled out, and the references that others have filled out on us. I was amazed at the amount of information that was included and the detail that was involved. Thankfully some of it also includes our dossier paperwork, so I feel like we have a head start on getting our dossier paperwork done. Anyways, we are very excited about this, and will have fun "celebrating" this weekend. I have a continuing education course in Des Moines, so Todd is tagging along for a weekend away without kids. I will be in class from 8-5 each day, but hopefully we can go out to eat at night and enjoy a peaceful dinner together. :)
Also, we wanted to share that we have begun working on our 2nd fundraiser. A couple friends of ours have offered to do a bake sale at the Sioux Center craft fair on April 7. They were able to pull a few strings and get us the very first table when you enter the craft fair, so we have a great location to sell our baked goods. If you are in the area and want to donate some baked goods, we welcome any/all donations...or, if you hate to bake, please stop by! I know that we will have lots of yummy items. I'm really excited about this fundraiser, just b/c I think it will be a lot of fun with friends and a good opportunity to share our excitement for adoption. I think I'm also going to try and have some of our coffee there to sell as well. Anyways, please pray for God's blessing upon this bake sale, that we can serve Him through it, and that we can bless others in the process. We feel so very grateful for those around us supporting us!
Tanya
Church Lane
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment