We are excited that we are moving along smoothly so far in our adoption process. We have only 1 more meeting left to complete our homestudy and have started working on our dossier paperwork. Hopefully by the end of January our homestudy will be completed, and my goal is to have our dossier in Ethiopia by Easton's birthday (June 6). That means we will finally be put on a waiting list and our waiting time will begin. :) Until then, there is lots to do and though it will keep us busy, this stage is probably better for me as I can keep busy and feel like I am getting something done to work towards this. I have a feeling waiting and doing nothing will be harder for me. :)
Anyways, we have some various ideas for fundraising, but our first idea is to sell coffee! Well, we specifically won't be selling coffee, but we are partnering with "Just Love" Coffee Roasters. They are a company with an incredible mission - to help adopting families raise financial support for their adoptions, but also, they are helping people around the world make a living by selling their coffee.
Here is a bit about them that I found on their website:
Rob Webb grew up in the coffee business. When he was 2 years old his father started a coffee company in Murfreesboro, Tennessee that Rob runs today. For years he dreamed of roasting his own specialty coffees. In the spring of 2009, Rob and his wife, Emily, added to their family of 4 by adopting from Ethiopia, the birthplace of coffee. While preparing for the adoption, Rob and Emily immersed themselves in Ethiopian culture by reading, talking with Ethiopian-Americans, and learning Amharic- the most widely spoken language in Ethiopia. Being immersed in the culture of Ethiopia and in the adoption process kindled an idea that began to take shape. What if he could create fine, artisan coffees and use some of the profits to help other families raise the funds to adopt? From that idea, Just Love Coffees was born.
Next came the vision of not only creating outstanding coffees, but coffees that are fair and sustainable. Fair- meaning that the coffee farmers are paid a living wage for their work. Sustainable- meaning that the coffee cherries are grown and harvested in a way that protects our precious natural resources. Just Love coffees purchases only organic, shade grown, coffee beans- Fair Trade Certified, when available. In addition, Just Love is a Fair Trade Certified company.
In early 2011, Rob and Emily began to discuss what more they could do through the company to help the plight of the orphan. What could Just Love do to not only help place orphans in permanent homes, through both domestic and international adoption, but help to prevent children in the developing world from becoming orphaned? Through friends, Rob and Emily had contributed to the non-profit organization Charity: Water, and learned about the immense need for clean water in the developing world to promote wellness. They decided that 5% of all sales of Just Love coffee would go to Charity: Water through the Coffee to Water program.
Every bag of Just Love Coffee you purchase, every cup you drink at a café, is a blend of coffee and love. Thank you for helping us Share the Love!
So, you can order from their website through our storefront:
https://justlovecoffee.com/rowenhorstfamilyadoption
Spread the word!! Thank-you so much for considering this!! I think they have a great mission and I can't wait to get my coffee that I ordered today!
Blessings on your day!!
Tanya
PS - just wanted to quick add - after I ordered my coffee I just checked - I bought $25 worth of coffee (2 different kinds) and $10 of it went towards our adoption which I felt was really an incredible donation on their part. If you know coffee lovers with a heart for orphans and a heart for God's people around the world, please share this link! Thanks so much!!
Church Lane
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment